Experience initially happens at the level of the tissues and cells. It is immediate and direct.
Information of that experience is sent to the brain, where it is recorded, organized, integrated, and stored as patterns of perception and habits of behavior. The brain is the last to know, but then uses the information it receives to shape and influence new experiences through memory of past experiences and projection into the future.
For experience to be realized as new, awareness at the cellular level is necessary so that old nervous system habits no longer control or direct what is experienced. By cellular level, I mean initiation and awareness directed locally by the cells.
When we integrate the cells and nervous system, we increase the potential for balanced physical and emotional responses.
In this online course, we will explore, through movement, touch, and consciousness, ways to embody and repattern perceptual and neurological processing. Material will be presented as a dialogue between the experience and action of our cells and tissues, and the recording, organizing, and directing of the nervous system.
This Series is for you if you would like to learn how to:
- Improve comfort in the nervous system
- Gain awareness and insight into engaging the nervous system through perception
- Relieve pathways of stress by opening to and facilitating pathways of ease
- Explore the interplay between cellular and nervous system communication
- Increase your understanding of how the nervous system records, stores, and processes information
It will offer ways to help you:
- Embody and explore ways to embody and work with the nervous system
- Understand the key role perception plays in forming habits
- Discover approaches to regulate and balance the autonomic nervous system
- Differentiate between and attune to yourself, others, and the environment
- Balance parasympathetic and sympathetic nerve pathways
Themes and material will be drawn from the following:
- Weight of consciousness – where and how you are placing your perception
- Perceiving as a motor act
- Perceptual-response cycle
- Languaging the perceptual process
- Aligning attention and intention
- Balancing receiving information through sensory channels and expressing through motor channels
- Dialoguing between center and periphery pathways
- Expanding awareness and calibration of weight, space, and time
- Basic anatomy, embryology, and functions of the nervous system
- Parasympathetic (rest, recuperation, and regeneration) and sympathetic (alertness, awareness, and action)
- Integration of the vagus nerve, enteric nervous system, and the sacral parasympathetic nerves
- Blood flow and the autonomic nervous system
- Nerve reversal
- Sitting in the synapse
Bonnie will share insights and principles drawn from her more than 50 years of pioneering work in an embodied approach to anatomy, developmental movement, embryological development, and psychophysical integration. In each class, cellular consciousness guides our explorations.
There are no prerequisites for taking this course. Participants should have some experience with movement practices, somatic approaches, or psychophysical disciplines. No previous experience with Body-Mind Centering® is necessary.
Join Bonnie with a sense of curiosity and inquiry about movement, the body, and consciousness.
Bonnie may return to the same material in some classes and present it again from different perspectives. The specific principles explored in each class can be helpful, even life changing, in themselves, but the essence that Bonnie would like to transmit is that there is a way to learn, a way to access your body and mind, a way to relate to yourself and others that emerges from the deeply rooted knowing of your cells.
This essence is not a one-time exposure to a piece of information – it is a practice in a way of perceiving through which you learn from your own cellular experience. Exploring the material in between classes is an important way to continue your practice and deepen your embodiment and understanding.
Classes will be recorded and participants will have unlimited lifetime access to the recordings through online streaming, even after the 2023 Spring Series is over.
PAY FROM THE HEART SCHOLARSHIP AND PAYMENT PLANS
We would like everyone to be able to attend Bonnie’s 2023 Spring Series, regardless of financial situation. Pay From The Heart Scholarships and Payment Plans will be available when registration opens on February 23, 2023.
- 8 live classes
- Unlimited lifetime access to the class recordings
- Course materials
- Access to study groups
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Have questions? Answers to many frequently asked questions about Bonnie’s 2023 Spring Series can be found here.