THIS WORKSHOP IS OFFERED BY ODC. PLEASE CONTACT ODC DIRECTLY WITH ANY QUESTIONS AND TO REGISTER.
A series of workshops on Body-Mind Centering® as a foundation for dance and psychophysical well-being. This first workshop will be presented by Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen and the following workshops by Sonja Riket, a Body-Mind Centering® Teacher.
Bonnie’s workshop will focus on the process of perception and how this can be a gateway into the relationship between the body, movement, and consciousness.
Explorations will take us from perception of self and other to awakening the felt consciousness of our tissues. When awareness of perception is embodied, it can reveal to us who is living in this body.
Themes in Bonnie’s workshop may be drawn from the following:
- How do we perceive ourself more fully?
- How do we perceive others more fully?
- How do we attune to each other more fully?
- How do we more fully perceive where we are in a changing environment?
- How do we perceive our choices more fully? Our potential?
- How do we dance and live our life with greater pleasure, ease, skill, and dynamic possibility?
Please dress in comfortable layers.
This will be Bonnie’s first in-person workshop since before the Covid-19 pandemic.
PLEASE NOTE: Bonnie will be teaching online and all participants will be in person at ODC.