The fluids are the transportation system of the body. They underlie presence and transformation, set the ground for basic communication, and mediate the dynamics of flow between rest and activity, tension and relaxation. The characteristics of each fluid relate to a different quality of movement, touch, voice, and state of mind. These relationships can be approached from the aspects of movement, mind states, or from anatomical and physiological functioning.
This course includes:
- The major fluids of the body (cellular, interstitial and transitional fluids, blood, lymph, synovial fluid, and cerebrospinal fluid).
- Distinguishing the qualities of specific fluids through movement and touch.
- Initiating movement from each of the fluids.
- Identifying individual psychophysical characteristics of each of the fluids and their various combinations.
- Gaining awareness of your own fluid affinities and recognizing their embodiment and expression in others.