The immune system plays an essential role in maintaining health and well-being. The mind has a powerful effect on the immune system and psychophysical states can directly affect the functioning of this system. This course will cover the process of immunity and the structures and functions of the immune system.
This course includes:
- Basic components and functions of the immune system.
- Homeostasis and returning to balance.
- Adapting to an ever changing environment.
- How we can consciously support our immune system in a world of stress.
- How the immune system interacts with the other body systems.
Prerequisites: Completion of Somatic Movement Education Program