This course is a continuation of Professional Issues 2. Explore how to develop as a Body-Mind Centering® practitioner/Somatic Movement Therapist from an authentic place, blending presence, resonance, intuition, knowledge and experience. Competency as a professional is also addressed.
This course includes:
- The client/practitioner relationship.
- Responsibilities of being a professional, including ethical guidelines and health precautions.
- Setting up and managing a professional practice, such as, finances, publicity, managing space and time, promotion, interfacing with other professionals, supervision and networking.
- Developing note taking skills to track your clients progress.
- Looking at the importance of ongoing professional development, research and the larger context of the somatic field.
Prerequisites: Completion of year 3 and enrollment in the Practitioner Program