This video was filmed at a one day workshop with Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen at the San Francisco Community Music Center of San Francisco (SFCMC). It presents selected Body-Mind Centering® principles of embodied anatomy, their relationship to movement and music making/singing for creative expression.
Through movement, sound, touch and mindfulness, this video explores:
- How to use the body effectively to produce high quality musical performances.
- How to improve breathing, tone, coordination, strength and technical proficiency.
- How to use the 3-dimensionality of the pelvic, thoracic, and vocal diaphragms for fuller expression and volume.
- How to enrich the expressiveness of the music and sound by engaging organ mobility and support through improvisation.
- How to engage the dynamics of perceptual processing.
- How to be fully present and comfortable in your body while performing.
DVD • Two discs; 3 hours 45 minutes; English subtitles
Streaming Video • 3 hours 45 minutes; English subtitles