BONNIE’S 2022 WINTER AND SPRING SERIES
There is so much more to muscles than resistive exercises and stretching! Muscles have their own inner world and interrelationships that, when explored, open up another way of knowing and experiencing movement.
In this series of classes, we will learn to gently engage muscles from a feltsense of their inherent integrity, intelligence, and coordination. Bonnie’s perspective through all her work is that the embodiment of local tissues plays a foundational role in the emergence and expression of touch, movement, and consciousness. This series of classes will continue with this perspective as applied to muscles.
The body, movement, and consciousness are explored from the direct experience and action of the muscles themselves, not just from the brain telling the muscles what to do.
When muscles are engaged in this way, movement is automatic, spontaneous, and specific and body tone becomes more balanced. This approach gives rise to vitality, strength, flexibility, flow, and ease, and informs and engages a whole-body response through the fascial matrix.
Exploring the body at this level gives us a path to directly connect with the ‘mind’ of muscles and provides a dynamic foundation for brain-oriented, consciously-directed movement.
This series of classes is for you if you would like to learn how to:
- Increase vitality, strength, flexibility, flow, and ease through muscles
- Improve comfort in muscles
- Relieve excessive tension, tightness, strain, weakness, and/or exhaustion in muscles
- Move more naturally with greater ease and skill
- Dialogue with muscles and establish a direct relationship with them
- Embody and understand from inner experience how muscles engage in both stillness and action
- Expand awareness through the inherent consciousness of muscles
- 12 class recordings (87 – 117 minutes each)
- 1 supplementary class recording (123 minutes)
- 35 downloadable documents and illustrations