This video presents unique and effective Body-Mind Centering® principles for working with the breath. Your state of being is manifested through your breathing. Bringing kinesthetic awareness to the structures of your breathing allows you to better embody, articulate and balance them. This process opens pathways of expression between your unconscious and conscious mind and between yourself and others.
- Gaining awareness of your own breathing and facilitating repatterning in others
- Releasing holding patterns in the lobes of your lungs
- Engaging your pelvic, thoracic, vocal, oral and cranial diaphragms and other structures
- Journeying through somatizations of the diaphragms
- Exploring diaphragmatic, cellular and embryonic breathing
- Remembering your embryological development as it relates to breathing
- Recognizing the psychophysical aspects of breathing and vocalization
These principles can be applied to any discipline that makes use of breath, voice and body: yoga, dance, bodywork, body-psychotherapy and other somatic movement practices.
DVD Set • Five discs • 8 hours 3 minutes
Streaming Video • 8 hours 3 minutes; English subtitles