The Teacher Training is designed to bring the teaching of Body-Mind Centering® to a level beyond the Practitioner Training and is one of the pre-requisites for teaching in a School for Body-Mind Centering® Program.
In addition to the ongoing practice and study of embodiment and transmission of BMC® principles, trainees will learn what is needed to follow a curriculum and a student group through the duration of a School for Body-Mind Centering® training program.
To give time to truly master the articulation, artistry, and presence needed for this quality of teaching, the program is scheduled in two sections. Specific themes that will be addressed include:
- Refining hands-on and facilitation skills
- Layering of the material in class
- Researching and expanding the material
- Doing demonstrations in class
- Recognizing and modulating group dynamics
- Following a group’s educational and emotional process
- Responding to the unexpected things that can happen in class
- Approaching situations differently, taking risks
The Teacher Training Program consists of three parts:
- Teaching Assistantship
- Teacher Training Courses (Teaching Skills, TTC 1 & 2)
- Homework and Evaluations
Prerequisites: Completion of Practitioner Program and approved Body-Mind Centering® teaching and teaching assisting hours.