Foundations in Embodied Anatomy is a deep, internal study of the body. Each module explores the practice of yoga through key principles of each of the body systems, and the direct experience of the tissues and cells. Foundations in Embodied Anatomy opens a door to the transformative aspects of yoga and takes asanas from an external approach into the subtleties of yoga practice.
Foundations in Embodied Anatomy offers opportunities to:
- Reveal new aspects of the postures from the perspective of different body systems
- Experience greater depth, ease and flow of movement in forming traditional yoga asanas
- Develop a yoga practice based on personal needs and abilities
- Explore sequential relationships between postures
- Observe and analyze the movement of others using this subtle and dynamic perspective
- Illuminate new aspects of yoga
There are six modules in Foundations in Embodied Anatomy. This series offers an in-depth opportunity to explore relationships between fundamental principles of Body-Mind Centering® and those of yoga. The requirement for entry into these modules is a personal movement practice and a basic familiarity with yoga asana. No prior experience with Body-Mind Centering® is necessary.
These modules can be taken individually without commitment to the entire series.
The modules in the Foundations in Embodied Anatomy
- Support & Container: Bones & Ligaments
- Contents & Relationships: Organs & Connective Tissue
- Process: Cells, Breath & Embryology
- Movement: Fluids & Muscles
- Homeostasis: Endocrine Tissues, Nerve & Immune Systems
- Synthesis: Diaphragms, Breath & Sound
This immersion series is currently being offered by the following licensed organizations:
- Dallas, Texas, USA: EmbodiYoga