THE BODY-MIND CENTERING® ASSOCIATION, INC.
established in 1985
The Body-Mind Centering® Association (BMCA) promotes the somatic inquiry and dialogue started by Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen in the 1970s. We are an international gathering and clearing house, virtually and in-person, to support the development of BMC® professionals and their dissemination of the work. By continually nurturing and stimulating discovery, we further the understanding and practice of Body-Mind Centering.
10 Reasons to Join BMCA
- We are a membership organization supporting and representing professionals and students of Body-Mind Centering® (BMC®).
- Our website is a central source for information and resources about BMC®.
- We offer a U.S. conference once every year and a European conference every few years, where we offer not only BMC® but also cross-pollination with other somatic modalities, like Feldenkrais and Alexander.
- Every conference is an exciting opportunity to present your BMC® work or to experience new and/or deeper understanding. Members get discounted registration. We also offer administrative support for regional seminars.
- We offer an annual journal, Currents, that explores BMC® principles and applications through essays, poems, photos, and art. We offer special editorial assistance to new writers to encourage the development of somatic writing. Our members are some of the best somatic writers around!
- We produced the book “Exploring Body-Mind Centering®: An Anthology of Experience and Method,” a compilation of 25 years of journal essays published in 2011 by North Atlantic Books.
- We offer email dialogue with members all over the world! Case studies, questions, and philosophical discussions of the work maintain the circle at a distance.
- We offer a website directory of BMC® professionals and a listing of classes everywhere.
- We support our professional members with service mark administration, continuing education, ethics and standards, an electronic newsletter, grant support, access to our mailing list, and integrated promotion with the licensed programs.
- We offer joint membership at a discounted rate with ISMETA and access to ISMETA’s insurance program through ISMETA (not BMCA).
- We offer resources available only to our members: The Music Resource Project, BMC® Publications Resource Listing, and others