I enjoyed your video on Postural Tone in Relation to Gravity and Space. However, I’m not sure how to connect with my cellular matrix. Do you have any suggestions for how to make this connection?
Your question concerning how to feel and become aware of your cells condensing and expanding is really a foundational question. The answer is specific to each person. For me, it began with opening my awareness to breathing in finer and more subtle ways. Perhaps this can be helpful for you too.
1. Quietly lie down in a comfortable position with your eyes closed. Settle and breath easily.
2. Gradually open your awareness in the back of your brain (rather than focusing with the front of your brain) to feel the natural filling and emptying of your lungs.
3. When this is easily perceived, let your open awareness travel to your breathing in other areas of your body.
4. Let go of any intention to become aware and simply relax and release your membranes, cells, and fluids into the earth.
5. With time and practice, our awareness of this expanding and condensing that is always occurring in our body becomes with time more and more subtle.
6. The rhythm of cellular breathing (internal respiration) is not the same as that of lung breathing (external respiration). Internal breathing is more fluid, drawn out, and variable than breathing through the lungs, which is more rhythmic and predicable.
7. The awareness of our cellular matrix expanding and condensing emerges of itself by opening to the possibility, through practice.
If you’re interested in exploring postural tone in relation to muscles, please join me for my 2022 Winter Series on Building Vitality, Strength, Flexibility, Flow, and Ease through Embodying Our Muscles. Everyone is welcome – Pay From the Heart scholarships are available for anyone who needs financial assistance.