This is a recording of class 1 Bonnie’s 2023 Spring Series on Perception as a Key to Embodying and Repatterning the Nervous System Part 1 and 2: A Body-Mind Centering® Approach. We have made it free for everyone.
In this class, Bonnie shares about:
- Exploring the weight of consciousness inside the body
- Exploring the weight of consciousness outside the body
- Exploring the weight of consciousness with people who have difficulty feeling weight and people who have difficulty letting go of feeling weight (physically and emotionally)
- Consciousness and perception
- Attuning to weight
Experience initially happens at the level of the tissues and cells. It is immediate and direct.
Information of that experience is sent to the brain, where it is recorded, organized, integrated, and stored as patterns of perception and habits of behavior.
The brain is the last to know, but then uses the information it receives to shape and influence new experiences through memory of past experiences and projection into the future.
For experience to be realized as new, opening awareness at the cellular level is necessary so that old habits no longer control or direct what is experienced. By cellular level, I mean initiation and awareness directed locally by the cells, including the cells of the nervous system.
When we integrate the cells and nervous system, we increase the potential for balanced physical and emotional responses.
In this online course, we explore, through movement, touch, and consciousness, ways to embody and repattern perceptual and neurological processing and how embodying patterns of ease in the brain contributes to a sense of wellbeing.
Material is presented as a dialogue between the experience and action of our cells and tissues, and the recording, organizing, and directing of the nervous system.
- 12 class recordings (81 – 101 minutes each)
- more than 40 downloadable documents and illustrations
- unlimited lifetime access to class recordings